Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream

We got back from the beach and everyone was ravenous so we made nachos and chicken wings as an appetizer to a dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.

The littles came up with their own appetizer and asked me to post their recipe. (see below)

It takes a bit of time to get everyone showered and dressed when you have three moms, two teenagers and three littles.

Showers, hanging up wet bathing suits and towels, drying hair, and a bunch of appetizers later, we realized no one was hungry for burgers and dogs.

We mom's decided that a walk to the bay would stimulate everyone's appetite (and give us a little calorie burn) so off we went.

It worked. After an hour of walking the bay, searching for crabs and casting stones into the water, everyone was hungry once more.

So we walked to the Ice Cream Parlor.

What can I say, it's vacation and we have long given up on being awarded Mother Of The Year.





Little's Vacation Appetizer (makes 3)

3 slices Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Butter (a lot)
M & M's chocolate candies (more than a lot)

Generously smear bread with soft butter (so as not to tear the bread - if you tear it you have to start over - this is a rule)
Sprinkle buttered bread with M & M's. When your mom is not looking, add more.

Eat.

6 comments:

  1. Tell the Littles to put some peanut butter on that bread, too. Then stick it in the microwave for 10 seconds. MELTY GOOEY GOODNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peanut butter trick is on target. Yum!!!
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I've never been one to stick my nose in the air when it comes to another's food choices, but... M&M sandwiches? I mean, I like M&Ms, and I also like bread and butter, but... I...

    Hmmmmmm. I guess I'd have to try it, to be fair and all. Maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little marshmallow fluff would help hold the candy in place ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids being creative in the kitchen is a good thing, even if cinnamon bread and m and m's is the best they can do.

    And ice cream for dinner is a mother's prerogative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not much of a cook, but I love to bake sweet things! THis, sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails