Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thank You and Please Pick Up Your Award!

I was honored last week with not one, but two blog awards.

Thank You. I know I have been slow to acknowledge them, for that, I'm sorry. I've been trying to get my head around the recognition and how to successfully word my appreciation.

As I sit at my kitchen table and type away about our current dinner plans or what I need at the grocery store, or a current rant about the food industry, I am always surprised (and pleased) at how many people are tuned in to these very same things.

Seems we are not so far removed from all humans. That's nice.

And thank you for allowing me access to your blogs. When I read your postings it feels like sitting down and catching up with a friend.

Kim at


was kind enough to pass on The Lovely Blog Award with some very lovely comments. Thank You. Kim's blog is funny and fresh and a wonderful reminder (for me, not thirtysomething anymore) of the very real rantings and goings on in a thirty something house! Bravo!



Michael at:


was generous enough to pass on The Lemonade Award.



Meeko Fabulous (his blog identity) is funny, funny, funny and reminds me of all the workings of corporate life. Everything you wanted to say but were afraid to say it. Do stop in and read his daily "disgruntled" postings.

So - now it is my duty as a fellow blogger to pass on the recognition. Forgive me if I don't name all the blogs I'm supposed to as the rules state. I'm a rule breaker. Always have been. No need to change now.

Here are some of my favorite readings over my morning cup of coffee. Thanks all for making my day. Choose which blog award you want - one or both - you all deserve it!

You are funny, fresh and irreverant. I like that combination.

I like your writing style and life style. I sooo want to visit your farm!

You always make me think and question. That's a good thing!

I think we are at the same place in life. I like your short posts that speak to women our age. I wish you lived nearby. I think I would visit you often and bring you plates of food gifts from my kitchen.

Seems we share a passion for food. Your postings also remind me of when my kidadults and middles were littles. Makes me smile. You have a lovely heart.

Here's a little, easy, 15 minute summer salad just for you wonderful bloggers.

What shall we call it?

No Name as of yet orzo salad.

1 cup tricolor orzo, cooked to package directions. Rinsed, drained and cooled. (will yield about 2 cups cooked)
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
Salt and Pepper
Lemon Vinaigrette (previous post)

Mix first four ingredients in a large bowl. Salt and pepper lightly. Add enough viaigrette to coat the orzo. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

This goes great with a simple grilled chicken and fresh strawberrries on the side.

4 comments:

  1. wow, thanks so much for thinking of me. I sure need all the encouragement I can get! I am dealing having a little blog drought here...although I am sure some priceless material must be headed my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kindness. You are welcome to visit the farm if you come over. Give me a shout and I'll get the kettle on and find you an apron...

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored to be honored! Thank you, yes we must be in that same place of life!

    kisses and hugs and thanks... and oh I wish you did live close :)

    Jan..
    I will try that salad!

    ReplyDelete

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails