Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away and Pork Loin


It's raining today. AGAIN.
It has been raining for weeks now. 
Everyday, rain.
Oh, the sun comes out for a little while. Just to tease everyone into thinking the rain is over but within a few minutes or an hour... rain.

Today it's just solid rain though. Not even a tease of sunshine. 

Just so you know how bad the rain is making me feel, I have no idea what I'm going to cook today. Really - not a clue. 

I have some lovely cage-free, free range chicken in the freezer. ho-hum
I have a beautiful pasture fed pork loin already defrosted. sigh...

I'm just not feeling the love. 

Usually a rainy day sets me to baking bread, simmering some stock to make soap, braising or roasting something wonderful, but this constant barrage of rain is just making me want to, well, it's making me want to do nothing. 

No inspiration. Nothing. 

Anyone else feel this way about the weather? 

Anyone out there have any suggestions for a beautiful, already defrosted, 2 pound, pasture fed, pork loin? 

Blah. And to top off the rain, I have to go to the dentist today.
Maybe I'll just go back to bed for awhile. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like time for a good book.

    BTW - You asked about the apple cider vinegar via a comment on my blog, so I thought I would give you her post on it.
    http://jenacide.blogspot.com/2009/06/health-tip-of-week.html

    I'm finding it does have a bit of a filling effect -but that could also be the 16 oz of water I drink with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! Your daughter sounds like a real kicker!! Spent the day doing dream research on a trip to Rome and Naples. Rome for vacation and Naples for cooking classes on the Amalfi coast... dreaming for September 2010!

    ReplyDelete

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails