Friday, June 12, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever... Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese and Strawberry Vinaigrette


Sometimes life just hands you one of those days. 
A great day. 
Full of sunshine. 
Fresh Air. 
A strawberry field. 
A good friend to share the ride.
A nice dog. 
And two of the cutest littles around. 

I had one of those days this week. 

The strawberries are coming in fast and furious here in the Northeast. "They are ripe for the picking" as the saying goes; so when my daughter-in-law called and asked if I'd like to meet her and the grand littles for a morning of strawberry picking, I was out the door with my basket faster than you can sing "Strawberry Fields Forever"

Meet Hannah, 3 years old: she liked the sweet red ones and NOT the sour green ones.

And Jillian, 1 1/2: she liked ALL of them.



And a very nice yellow dog, he liked the girls. Seems happy, doesn't he?



Strawberry Vinaigrette:

10 strawberries, washed and hulled
1 teaspoon sugar or honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
1/2 to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste.

Put the strawberries, sugar, and dijon mustard in a blender. Puree. Add vinegar and pulse again. With motor running on low, slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify (mix and thicken) Season with salt and pepper. Check seasoning with a piece of green. Adjust if necessary.

Serve over a bed of mixed baby greens, sliced strawberries and goat cheese crumbles. Yum.


4 comments:

  1. We LOVE salads with strawberries!! I was just looking for another recipe for tonight. Thanks for this awesome sounding one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. Enjoy! Please let me know how you like the vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lil girl is so cute and I love the freshness of the berries:) Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, Welcome and thanks! Of course I am a bit prejudiced - as they are my grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails