Thursday, May 7, 2009

Um... What Do You Think, How About Some Brownies



I am at home in my kitchen. I am not leaving for Pennsylvania today as originally planned. 

Why you ask? Okay, hold on to your (whatever you hold on to):

The Doctor is sick. 
That's right folks. The surgeon who is supposed to perform my dad's surgery is sick. 
And what you ask is wrong with him? 

Well, here are the facts:

He has a virus.
He is not allowed back in the operating room until next Thursday. 

Now, what do you think he has? I have my suspicions all fueled by massive media coverage over the last 2 weeks. 

I already told you about my inappropriate laughing and I've got to tell you, if he has what I think he has (the DR that is...) well, then yesterday's post recipe was absolutely spot on and I find that very funny, although I do feel really bad for my dad - you know how it is, you get yourself all ready for the day.... (he is rescheduled for next Thursday)

What do you think? As for me, I'm making brownies:

The Best and Easiest Brownies in New Jersey (I do stop short of saying the world because I am humble)

Preheat oven to 350 F. 

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Butter a 9 inch pan. 
Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl or pot over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, salt, flour, vanilla and optional nuts. 

Pour into a prepared pan and bake 35 minutes. Now listen up - DO NOT OVERBAKE. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the side is ALMOST clean. Cool on a rack and cut into 1 x 1 inch pieces (like who ever does that??)

A Cook's Notes: These are chewy, fudgy brownies meant to take the edge off of life. They are dangerously good - so only make when you are extremely stressed out and there is just no other solution to your problem. Or, you know, you just have to have some chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails