Monday, May 4, 2009

I Laughed My --- Off with These Good Cooks


I laughed my butt off this weekend. Well, not really (I wish) but I did laugh until my stomach hurt! Seriously, my stomach and rib cage is sore today. 

Women's Wine Weekend (WWW), notice there is no H in wine, was fun, fun, fun. Nine women all together, cooking, laughing, walking, drinking wine (and spirits of many flavors), and sharing stories. What could be better?

This is a picture of the WWW's, all chipping in to make dinner Saturday night. A nice ritual that women have been doing together for, well, forever. Think about it. Quilting bees, making breads in a church basement, baking cookies at Christmas. All things women get together to do. Many hands make short work is what my grandmother would have said. 

But there's more to it than that isn't there? It's really not about the task at all. That's the excuse to get together and the excuse that keeps the men at bay. :-)

It's the doing that brings us together. And the telling. And the sharing. And the caring. And, oh yeah, the laughter. 

So here's to all of you,  my fellow Good Cooks of WWW. Thank you, it was wonderful. I love you all and can't wait to see you in the Fall for our next great adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails