Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Favorite Quote and Grilled Lobster

"I did the best that I knew how; when I knew better, I did better" - Maya Angelou

I love this quote. I think it can be applied to so many things in our lives. This being Mother's Day I think it is even more relevant. 

How many of us knock our heads against the wall trying to be "the best mother possible"? How many of us live in regret because of something we did or didn't do with or for our children? 

Well, stop it. Today, right now, stop it. If you love your children. Stop it. You did the best that you knew how.... and when you knew better, you did better. 

Happy Mother's Day - give yourself a present. You are enough. 

Grilled Petite Lobster Tails with Orange and Thyme Scented Butter (serves 4)

8 petite Lobster Tails (about 3 ounces each)
1 stick (8 ounces) unsalted butter
Zest of 1 orange
1 sprig thyme
Pinch Kosher Salt 
Lemon wedges (optional)

Heat the grill to high. 

Place lobster tails (in shell) on grill. Grill 3 to 4 minutes, flip to other side, grill 3 to 4 minutes. Tails will slightly curl. Don't overcook. 

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter slowly, add the orange zest and the sprig of thyme. Continue melting the butter until it foams. Stir in pinch salt. Using a small strainer, strain into 4 small cups for dipping lobster. 

I serve the tails with steamed fingerling potatoes tossed with olive oil and sea salt and a small side salad. 

P.S: 
Happy Mother's Day everyone. 
If you are a mother, happy mother's day.
If your mother is still with you, call her today
If your mother is gone, remember something wonderful about her
If you are not a mother, as you go about your business today, wish someone else happy mother's day. 

Have a great one and count your blessings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails