Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Unthinkable Has Happened, The Kitchen is Closed




The unthinkable has happened.

The Good Cook has taken ill and the kitchen is closed.

Yup, that's right folks.

The kitchen is closed.



This Good Cook has taken off her apron and put on her sick robe.

No muffins, no bread, no donuts, cookies, cakes or dinners are coming out of this kitchen today.

The Good Cook has left the kitchen.

My head is clogged, my sinuses are aching and I can't seem to go 5 minutes without a tissue box at hand. In the name of family health and all that is holy I am not cross contaminating anything but my pillow and the TV remote.

See you all in a day or two. Until then, feel free to browse the archives and if anyone has any chicken soup, send it on over.


12 comments:

  1. Aww sorry you don't feel well. Take care and come back when you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 10-14 days you will feel much better. In the meantime drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest. My theory is that the common cold refuses to be cured, simply because this is the only way to make some people rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be going around.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. get some rest and take care of yourself! Get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope someone is cooking for you while you are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fluids, rest, rest and fluids, then do it all again!

    I would bring you soup if i could! Hopefully your family is taking extra special care of the Queen of the Kitchen. This way they should really appreciate what you delicious goodies you concoct for them when you are good as new~

    ReplyDelete
  7. All - thanks for the good wishes. I'm off to the Doctor - not for H1N1 -but for a sinus infection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer! I'll bet your family is sad the kitchen is closed. Feel better soon, and take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear, oh dear!!!! Praying you recover soon!!!!! And I can't believe you climbed out of your sick bed to come dance with me??!!??!! You are an amazing friend!!!! I am so thankful to have "met" you!!!! Love to you~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I always find that eating a large helping of something spicy hot (very spicy hot) makes me feel much better. Combination of sweating a bit and the endorphins produced, I suppose.

    Hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails