Monday, April 6, 2009

The reason I put the chicken (uncovered) in the fridge (for at least 4 hours but as long as 24) is the salt and lemon will help to dry out the skin. Keeping it uncovered insures no moisture gets trapped that would retard the "drying" process. Just before I put it in a hot (400 degree) oven I'm going to brush it with some melted, unsalted butter. This will make for a uniform, crisp skin - just what you look for in a perfect roast chicken. 

Oh yeah - remember that whole zested lemon? I'm going to slice that in half and stuff the halves inside the cavity just before roasting.

more later....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails