The Gnocchi were perfect. Tender, fluffy little pillows. But anyone who knows me, knows I cannot leave good enough alone.
1. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the the ricotta.
2. This meal is rich, rich, rich. I think it would make a perfect small plate appetizer. Just 4 or 5 gnocchi would be a great starter to a light sauteed fish or chicken dinner.
3. I served fresh strawberries for dessert. The addition of bright red and green was a lovely "rounder".
4. If you don't like peas, try asparagus. Same routine. Blanch.
5. Purchased gnocchi would serve nicely (not as nicely, but nicely) and would save you a considerable amount of time. Don't NOT make this recipe because you don't have the time or patience for homemade. Just substitute.
Enjoy the pics.