Saturday, March 31, 2012

SOLD in 17 Days

So.

My house (my home) is sold. After 17 days on the market.

People say "congratulations".  "How exciting." "Oh my gosh, in this market?". "You must be thrilled!".

I smile. I nod. I say "thank you". I cry late at night.

I walk through the rooms and halls and remember. Or try to remember. The kidadults are upset. This is their childhood home. This is our past. Our history. Their height markers are still on the doorjambs of their bedroom closet doors. How tall they have become. How small they once were.

How alone a new house will be. No nicks, no height markers. No memories. Everything will be in place. No dirty little hand prints. No damp towels on the floor. No laundry piled up in corners. All the things that drove me crazy...

So. The house (my home) is sold.

The hundreds of daffodils and tulips that bloom today in my gardens, that took years to plant and propagate, will bloom next year for a new family.

The fish in the pond will rely on someone else to feed them.

The grass will grow. Mowed by a new gardener.

So.

On, On.

My house (my home ) is sold. My only wish for the new owners is that they find at least half of the happiness and love I had here. That will be enough.

On, On.

THC






10 comments:

  1. And on on you will go Linda hopefully letting us tag along for the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the fresh pain that comes with this move. I hope you will introduce us to your new house and that it will become a welcoming home with new traditions and memorable experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, I feel for you as I went through the same feelings when I sold my home. It took me 5 months to sell it after I'd almost given up.

    Where will you go now? Have you found another house? When is your moving date?
    Yes, I understand my friend. I joined another bereavement support group after I moved to handle yet another loss.

    However, the young family who have moved in now are enjoying my daffodils and loving the energy of "their" home. I cry when I drive by (no, I don't go there often, just once in a while).

    Sending love and light and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could help you with this move. If there is anything I could do please know that I would do it. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is fast, much faster than maybe you were ready for? Keep putting those memories away and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I cant imagine how you feel. Your right, your house became a home a very long time ago...I only hope that years from now the new house will have earned that title as well.

    We are actually looking at putting our "farm" on the market, and it will also be hard to move on to the next chapter.

    Hugs,

    Jan in Snohomish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on! Well, it's a great feeling to get the house sold quickly. Oftentimes, it takes a while, so a quick sell sometimes feels like a surprise. Still, it's a great occasion. It speeds up the process of moving into a new home, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am proud of you for doing this even though it is extremely difficult. I am hoping this new family can feel the love through the floorboards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your strength my friend....

    ReplyDelete

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love feedback... what with being a cook and all. I will respond to your comments via email (if you do not have a "noreply" address or here, below your comment) As always, Bon Appetite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails