What inspires you?
Is it nature? A sunset, a sunrise?
Is it another person in your life?
Is it someone who has overcome an insurmountable obstacle?
Is it art?
What is inspiration, anyway?
According to my handy-dandy dictionary the definition of Inspiration is:
1. a breathing in, as of air into the lungs; inhaling
2. an inspiring or being inspired mentally or emotionally
3. an inspiring influence; any stimulus to creative thought or action
4. a prompting of something written or said
5. a divine influence upon human beings, as that resulting in the writing of the Scriptures.
I like all of these definitions - but mostly I'd like to propose a combination of all of the above, I give you my [combined] definition:
6. A intake of breath of the creative, inspired by those who came before us prompting us to action in either thought, word or deed.
I am inspired by people. Average normal people who get up everyday and attempt to do the impossible in our crazy, ever changing world.
Raise a family.
Write a book.
Write a blog.
The blog world is full of people like this. People who are just trying to BE. Take a look at the blog list at the left of this post and you will find many of these people.
These folks are just a few who inspire me. There are many more who don't blog - but who fit the "inspiration" definition.
For those of you listed on the left hand side of this blog - come get the INSPIRATION AWARD - and blog it forward to those in your life who inspire you.
Now, just for fun and inspiration watch this video that I stole (with their permission) from fellow bloggers John & Steve at John & Steve are having a baby -
This is the story of Z and Vielpunkt (inspired by a true story - there's that word again...) - thanks John and Steve - you are an inspiration.